Tuesday, November 13

The Obsessed...

Over the years, I've had periods where I was obsessed with a certain taco. For a while it was a taco al pastor at Taqueria Arandas. Last year, I was having dreams at night about carne guisada, bean and cheese tacos from Porfirios. Recently, the taco al pastor on flour at Tacos Al Pastor was like a ghost in my mind. Always there... Always watching... Always......

Now i've got a new monkey on my back. The refried bean, potato and cheese taco from Alaynas on Manor Road. The beans are so amazing. The potatoes are so perfectly cooked. The tortilla is so chewy and well grilled. The damn thing is so big. I think about it in the morning. I think about it at night. I'm on my way there right now.....

-Cornbiter Deluxe

2 comments:

Jneece said...

I am currently obsessed with the machacado breakfast burrito at La Cocina de Consuelo. It is best described as a huge taco, rather than a burrito, and is served on a homemade (corn or flour) tortilla. A full TJ post will soon follow.

Anonymous said...

Great Stuff! I just found this blog through Austin Bloggers and totally love it. I now have a place to go to find out about tacos in town. Keep it up!!!